A 21-year-old man who had been told not to communicate with a victim of domestic assault apparently couldn’t resist the urge to do so.
In January the male was charged with domestic assault and mischief, police say. He was released with a trial date, and conditions to abide by – one of them not to contact or communicate with the victim.
However, police say they were notified that the victim was receiving numerous text messages from the accused. A warrant was subsequently issued for failing to comply with his recognizance by contacting the victim.
He was located in Orangeville, returned to Barrie and held for a Feb. 15 bail hearing.
In other police news:
• A Barrie teen is facing charges after he allegedly pulled a knife on another young man who had rung his doorbell.
According to a police report, the ringing of the doorbell “seemed to have angered the 19 year old to the point where he pulled out a knife and threatened to cause physical harm to the victim.”
Consequently, police charged him with assault with a weapon and uttering threats. He was held for a Feb. 15 bail hearing.
• An Angus man found himself in police custody after being arrested on a warrant that had been outstanding since December.
Charged with possession of stolen property and breach of probation, the man, 23, was to have appeared in court in December, but failed to do so, police say. When police finally caught up with him, he was arrested without incident.
In addition to the previous charges, he faces a new one for failing to attend court.
• A “loud and heated” argument between a Barrie couple resulted in a man, 22, being charged with domestic mischief.
Police say they responded to a call about a loud disturbance at a south-end address. However, when they arrived, police say, tempers had cooled and the “situation was temporarily resolved.”
Police were soon back at the door, however, after tempers flared with property damage ensuing. The man was subsequently charged and held for a bail hearing.
• Woman charged with causing a disturbance by shouting
• Barrie police arrest man wanted by Peel Regional