Two robbers took a cab to make their getaway, but not before the cab was noticed by a victim of the robbery, say police.
The two men entered the IDA Pharmacy on Anne Street South yesterday about 4:45 p.m. Police report that the first entered the store to case the place. After he left the second male entered the premises. Brandishing a knife, he demanded that the store employee open the cash register.
The victim was able to escape and called 911. The suspected robbers left the scene in a cab, which the victim witnessed.
Two males, 22 and 29, were taken into custody without incident, say police, and the knife was found at the scene. They were found to be on probation. As well as the robbery-related charges, they face breach-of-probation charges.
They were taken to the police station and held pending a bail hearing.
• Male charge with utter threats, held pending bail hearing
• Youth charged in skateboard incident
• Driver charged with careless after van hits telephone pole
• Cyclist struck going through intersection
• Mind pets left in vehicles on hot days