• From the RVH
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) has released both its annual digital report to the community, Vitalsigns, and its annual highlights document, A Year in Review. These products provide an overview of RVH’s commitment to patients and families through an unprecedented and challenging year.
“Although we have faced many challenges during the pandemic, TEAM RVH’s dedication to caring for the people of this region never wavered. I have been impressed and humbled by the courage, compassion, and commitment TEAM RVH has shown to our patients — and to each other — during these tough times,” says Janice Skot, RVH president and CEO.
“Although the pandemic has been our collective focus over the past year, it has not overshadowed our commitment to expanding specialized care to the people of this region.”
The videos featured in Vitalsigns highlight RVH’s incredible response to the pandemic such as:
• leading the region’s Infection Prevention and Control hub and supporting the teams at almost 30 long-term care and retirement homes as they faced devastating impacts from COVID-19
• supporting our partner hospitals, accepting more than 200 patient transfers from the Greater Toronto Area
• creating a third COVID-19 unit and opening a 70-bed Regional Pandemic Response Unit
• operating a very busy COVID-19 test clinic, and late in 2020 opened the region’s first immunization clinic
A Year in Review, focuses on some of our many successes, made possible thanks to the skill, commitment and hard work of TEAM RVH and the strong support of our community and our healthcare partners. Some highlights include:
• providing access to the ‘gold standard’ of care expanded to heart attack patients across Simcoe County and Muskoka through the Simcoe Muskoka STEMI protocol
• becoming the first hospital in North Simcoe Muskoka to provide same-day hip, knee and shoulder procedures
• renovating the Emergency Department resulting in a reduction in the length of stay for patients by one hour on average
• expanding chemotherapy treatment options and saving our patients from travelling for care. Both reports can be found on the RVH website www.rvh.on.ca