Mayor’s Fifth Annual New Year’s Day Brunch & Levee to ring in 2016 and raise funds for the United Way of Greater Simcoe County
The City Hall rotunda will be the place to be when Mayor Jeff Lehman presents the Fifth Annual New Year’s Day Brunch & Levee, presented by PowerStream, in support of the United Way of Greater Simcoe County. The brunch has one sitting, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., with the levee set for 1:30 to 2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 1, 2016. Some of Barrie’s finest establishments are lending their skills to this special affair, so those lucky enough to be in attendance will experience a taste sensation sure to kick off the New Year in style.
From Tara: pakura, aloo gobi, chicken korma.
From Hudson: two types of frittatas: meat will be bacon and brie, the vegetarian mushroom and spinach; smoked salmon with red onion, capers, lemon slices with bannock and crème fraiche; cavolo nero: black kale, pine nuts, currants, parmesan, maple citrus.
From cup-CAKE: large and small cupcakes and Mayor’s New Year’s Day Brunch & Levee cookies.
From Lazy Tulip Cafe: creamy mushroom dill soup with garlic olive oil drizzle; baked apple french toast with a maple balsamic whipped cream and grilled fruit skewers; quiche: broccoli and cheddar or tomato, basil, brie.
• Tara Authentic Indian Cuisine – Chef brothers Yar and Nur Mohammad’s culinary prowess makes Tara a most unique palatal experience.
• Catering by Rose – At Catering by Rose, we customize every wedding, allowing parties to select everything for their dining needs while keeping within an allotted budget.
• Hudson – Redefining dining and entertainment, Hudson brings culinary ingenuity, cocktails and dreams and a world of wine to the heart of Barrie.
• Lazy Tulip Cafe – We, the Lazy Tulip Cafe, are a quaint, soulful, independently owned cafe in the heart of downtown Barrie with a focus on fresh and conscious eating.
• cup•CAKE – All of cup•CAKE’S desserts are made with the finest ingredients including pure Madagascar vanilla, rich European chocolate, fresh eggs and real butter.
• Fair Trade Barrie – Fair Trade Barrie strives to help disadvantaged producers control their own future, have a fair and just return for their work, and decent working and living conditions.
• Sharp Shooters – Dressed for the occasion, Sharp Shooters’ staff will mingle through the crowd, delivering a range of tantalizing mock-tails to diners.
Tickets for the New Year’s Day brunch are $30. Reservations are recommended. The levee – serving coffee and tea – is free to the public. Tickets are available at Music Pro, 133 Mapleview Drive, The MacLaren Art Centre, at the door and online at snapd community events. For more information, call Robin Munro at 705-739-4721, ext. 2, or contact him at email@example.com. In addition, contact the Office of the Mayor at 705-792-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to follow us on Facebook.