Barrie Marina intends to open on time, unless told otherwise; golfers and some others can continue to enjoy their pastimes

Premier Doug Ford announced the new stay-at-home order on Wednesday, citing rising COVID-19 cases driven by variants, and subsequent pressures on hospitals and intensive care units (ICUs).


Golfers, gardeners, and fans of farmers’ markets will all be breathing a sigh of relief that Ontario’s new stay-at-home order won’t apply to them, and that they will be able to continue enjoying some of their favourite pastimes.
COVID-19 distancing and mask protocols remain in place, but the Province seems to have determined that fresh air and exercise are worth a few gaps in the stay-at-home order. Other locales that can continue to do business, although not as usual, include:
• Safety supply stores
• Businesses that primarily sell, rent or repair assistive devices, aids or supplies, mobility devices, aids or supplies or medical devices, aids or supplies
• Rental and leasing services including automobile, commercial and light industrial machinery and equipment rental
• Optical stores that sell prescription eyewear to the public
• Businesses that sell motor vehicles, boats and other watercraft
• Vehicle and equipment repair and essential maintenance and vehicle and equipment rental services
• Retail stores operated by a telecommunications provider or service, which may only permit members of the public to enter the premises to purchase a cellphone or for repairs or technical support.
The Barrie Marina also intends to open for business on time.
“The City of Barrie Marina is scheduled to open on Saturday, May 1. Unless further COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the provincial or local governments delay our opening, we should enjoy a full boating season while adhering to all social distancing measures imposed by the marina,” Rob Walters, Supervisor of Facilities Marina and Waterfront, wrote in an email to marina patrons.
Premier Doug Ford announced the new stay-at-home order on Wednesday, citing rising COVID-19 cases driven by variants, and subsequent pressures on hospitals and intensive care units (ICUs).
“The reality is, despite everything we have done so far, the COVID-19 situation in Ontario is getting worse as these new variants continue to spread. Our hospitals are reaching capacity and patients in the GTA must now be sent to other parts of the province for care,” the premier said. “In fact, we learned yesterday morning that admissions to ICUs in the past week are increasing faster than the worst-case scenarios predicted by our experts.”
Today (Thursday), the Province reported 3,295 new cases of COVID-19, and 19 more deaths. It was the highest daily jump since Jan. 19. Numbers have consistently been around the 3,000 mark; on Wednesday, 3,215 were reported, Tuesday saw 3,065 new cases reported, 2,938 on Monday, 3,041 Sunday, 3009 on Saturday, and 3,089 on Friday. 
The Province is also reporting that as of today, there are 1,417 people in hospitals being treated for COVID-19, with 496 of them in ICUs.

Share