• From the City
A number of services in Barrie are affected by holiday weekends. The following municipal services will be affected due to the Civic Holiday on Monday, Aug. 2:
• Barrie Transit: Services will run according to the regular Sunday service schedule on August 2. (barrie.ca/TransitNotices).
• Curbside Collection: There will be no garbage, organics, recycling and yard waste collection on August 2 in Barrie. Collection during the week of this holiday will occur one day later for the remainder of the week. Remember: materials must always be curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day. (barrie.ca/CurbsideCollection) The landfill site is closed every Sunday and Monday.
• Recreation centres: Allandale Recreation Centre, East Bayfield Community Centre and Holly Community Centre will be closed on August 2. Visit barrie.ca/RecUpdates for more information.
• City Hall: Barrie City Hall will be closed on Aug. 2.
• Parking: Barrie residents must display a Resident Parking Pass in order to park for free at specific waterfront areas. Non-residents are charged $10/hour with a daily max of $50; paid parking is enforced 24/7/365.
• Fireworks: Fireworks cannot be set off on the Civic Holiday or surrounding days. Fireworks can only be set off on the following (single calendar) days: Victoria Day, Canada Day, New Year’s Day, and for the duration of the recognized Lunar New Year and Diwali holidays. (as per the Regulatory Matters by-law). City Council approved this change to the City’s regulatory matters by-law on June 14, 2021.
Visit barrie.ca/services to confirm the current status of all City services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to follow public health guidelines.